Monday, March 21, 2011

603.82

Today I withdrew the meager savings we have on my ATM. As meager as it is, its our only savings. I have unsuccessfully tried to save over the last years but it all amounted to nothing. Right now, my nesting instincts has kicked into an overdrive and I want our own house so badly. So for the past 2 months, I have saved half of my salary towards a house payment. It was a little hard but I managed.

Unfortunately a Facebook message from my mom has brought things to a halt. Seems like my father is in a financial bind and needs money. I got really frustrated. I have sacrificed and scraped and now, it will all be gone. Tears were shed and the my poor Mr. RL had spent the entire night consoling me. Since I'm the only person they could come to for help, there is only one decision to make. I spoke with my father and the more he tried to explain (but not really telling me anything), my compassion just overflowed. This is my father, the one that has supported me and in his own way, has shown his love for me. This is the first time he is asking for help and I simply cannot refuse. What angers me is that it took him too long to ask for help. The interest has piled up and he has spent many sleepless nights worrying about this. He is at that age when a little trepidations will cause me to worry, so thinking of him suffering like that just enrages me.

So now my ATM feels like a deflated. The security I have felt the last couple of months is gone. Now I'm back at worrying. There is still another 10 days until payday. It's a long wait but I'm again determined to save yet again. Despite the roller coaster of emotions I have gone through, I know that underneath I am happy I am able to send them the money. That somehow I am able to relieve them of their worry. I only hope this will be the last.. or at least a long while before the next challenge comes our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment